Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chicago Area Children's Museums

Every parent loves a good Children's Museum. I am no exception. We've discovered since moving to Elgin that the Chicago area has four great Children's Museums. I'm going to dedicate some blog space to each one in the very near future but I want first address something I take very seriously: Membership Fees. If you spend some hard earned cash on one "Membership" in a year I would highly recommend you pick a Children's Museum. They offer great fun, and distraction, for the buck. Trick is that you can visit pretty much every one of them in the area with a membership to any one of them. So which one should you join. My vote is for Rockford. Sure, it's a little hike out there but I'm already half way here in Elgin. And it's a good one so it's well worth the trip. It has a great outdoor activity area on a good day and it's on the river. In the interest of fairness I've listed the cost of a family membership (that has reciprocal rights) at each of the local museums:

Discovery Center of Rockford - $100 www.discoverycentermuseum.org
Chicago's Children Museum - $125 www.chicagochildrensmuseum.org
Kohl's Children Museum (Glenview, IL) - $110 www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org
DuPage Children's Museum (Naperville, IL) - $110 www.dupagechildrensmuseum.org

More to come on each very soon.

No comments: