Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going the Easy Route at Elgin McDonald's

Ranking: Value - 4 out of 5; Dad Fun Factor - 2 out of 5; Kid Fun Factor - 4 out of 5

This has got to be the cheesiest post I'm going to do for some time. I had every intention of taking the pack to the Rockford Children's Museum today but blew the timing. I forgot that all of the local children's museums open at noon on Sundays. I needed to get the boys out of the house this morning and it's getting cold with rain. So where can I go at 9:00 am on a Sunday? Why McDonald's. Not the fanciest of places but this one has the cleanest play area around. It's a nice McD's anyway. It's one of their remodeled franchises with a more deli-like appearance. Before you get all up in my grill over the quality of food I have to admit we ate nothing. In fact, my only purchase was a medium coke. I asked for two small cups for ice water as well. No problem, no cost. And they had a blast. Jesse, #2 at age 2 yrs, really got into following his big brother around the maze. It's a pretty elaborate set up with many slides, chambers, windows, etc. It was really clean today; like it was just cleaned this morning. It's a safe place to spend an hour of calorie burning. The map shows where this one is located. It's on Randall Rd just South of US-20. Check it out if you need a very cheap indoor play area that will keep the gang occupied for an hour-plus. I know it's hardly a tip but you may need reminding.

No comments: