Friday, November 16, 2007

Out without the Boys to Kmart in Rockford

Quick note today. Not much for the parental units but I made in interesting discovery today. I was i Rockford doing some me stuff and dashed into a store I never go into: Kmart. I usually go to Target and Jewel for my "stuff" but I was right there at Kmart and dashed in. I was an old store but with some really new stuff. It's much more open, has a new floor, and is brighter and fresher. It still looks a little dated but I liked it better than more local Target which is a big step. The staff all have new uniforms in a cool blue color and there is a lot of new technology things. I checked email at their "Internet" cafe. The connection was slow but it worked. That's half the battle. I give them a thumbs up. Check it out if you can. I guess they did this only in Rockford so don't bother looking anywhere else in Chicagoland. Enough of the commercial for the once crusty Kmart. It's a lot cooler now. At least here.

No comments: